PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING – your resident is depending on you reading these directions carefully as lost information here may mean the resident assigned to you does not receive a carepack at Christmas.
Once this process is complete – your resident details will appear on screen – PLEASE take a screen-shot or write it down. The information is emailed to you but may end up in SPAM/JUNK where it will auto-delete. We cannot retrieve lost emails so take extra vigilance at the time of ordering to avoid this issue and keep your resident’s information safe.
Directions to send a carepack to a resident/s in a nursing home or care home in county Wicklow.
- Choose how many residents you would like to send a carepack to for Christmas (up to a maximum of 6 can be ordered at a time – you may reorder for more than 6)
- Complete the shopping cart process to be issued the resident details – there is no cost for using this service.
- Enter your email address correctly – please verify and re-verify that your email address has no errors.
- WRITE DOWN the gender (or name if supplied) and address/es you are assigned as they appear on your screen – this information CANNOT be retrieved at a later time.
- carepack.ie just supplies the resident details that you will send a carepack to – we do not supply packaging or carepacks.
- Buy your own gifts to put in your carepack (ideas in FAQ). Include a card or letter, you may include your own contact details.
- Package your carepack, write FREEPOST where a stamp should go and post free (>1kg) at your local An Post office. You may also hand-deliver to the care home reception. You will not meet the resident.
If a county shows up Unavailable / Out of Stock it means all residents are already matched up, this will fluctuate as residents sign-up and are assigned. It is advisable to choose a resident from another county that is available as residents tend to be assigned very quickly. Please refer to our FAQ or our social media for the most up-to-date information on additional residents being added.
What to send and when to send and all other questions are answered HERE
This is a kindness initiative run solely by volunteers. Please give with an open heart, without expecting anything in return. You will not receive confirmation that your carepack was received.